Fleckney Village Hall was opened on 7th June 1958 after 17 years of hard fund raising by local residents, together with grants from the Ministry of Education and a loan from the National Council of Social Services. The original single hall made of rich red wood was a labour of love by the original committee, who completed the painting, glazing, plumbing, electrical work and landscaping with their own fair hands. The hall was also run by 3 teams who took on the hall's weekly duties from caretaking to catering, so no one was employed. It was very much run by the village for the village. Despite being a small thriving community the hall had no shortage of users with dances, concerts, badminton clubs and whist drives making the hall the hub of village activities, which is still true today.
Over the last 60 years the village has grown and has seen many of the local amenities disappear, making the hall a vital part of village life. It provides venues for many local clubs, societies and events as well as providing the venue for the village electoral polling station. Since the hall's inception, the Hall and its land has been held under trust for the benefit of the village and is run by Fleckney Village Hall Management Committee. The managment committee is a registered charity with the UK Charity Commission and is made up of local volunteers, user group representatives and 3 employees. The committee deal with all of the day to day management of the hall including bookings, mainentance and promotions. We meet monthly at the Hall and hold an open Annual General Meeting in November each year which anyone is welcome to attend. Contact details are below, should you require any further information.
|Tim Marshall||Chairman||0116 240 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Helen Tedder||Secretary||0116 240 email@example.com|
|John Beynon||Treasurer||07710 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Karen Preston||Booking Secretary||0116 email@example.com|
Address: Fleckney Village Hall,
The Parade, Fleckney, Leicestershire, LE8 8AY
Bookings: 0116 3679667
Charity Number : 521418